KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Support the web analytics team by effectively respond to analysis and insights requests from product, marketing, sales and editorial teams
- Conduct deep dive analysis in our marketing programs such as email, paid search, banner ads, affiliates leveraging data from multiple sources
- Create models to forecast key business and market metrics to support budget setting and performance tracking
- Perform in-depth analysis of information from multiple data sources (web analytics data as well as external data) and provide significant insights into factors impacting online results
- Translate results into clearly defined action plans to be shared broadly with the different business units in the organisation
- Work in multiple competing initiatives from inception to completion under rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Run deep dive insights pieces as required
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in the use of Web Analytics Tools such as Adobe Analytics, WebTrends or Coremetrics .
- Experience with writing SQL queries in a cloud based environment
- Experience with the use of Big Data platforms, preferably Google BigQuery
- Ability to create data visualisation dashboards in Tableau or Qlik
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to collect, analyse and synthesise data in meaningful and insightful ways for the business.
- Demonstrated ability to translate web, app and customer data into actionable insights.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, mathematics, finance or related field
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Web Trends or Coremetrics, 3-5 years’ experience in data driven consumer insights, web site behaviour analysis, business analysis or related discipline
- At least 2-4 years experience creating and amending SQL queries in a Big Data environment.