About the Role:
The main focal point of this role is to provide provisioning support to wholesale customer with our simple telecommunications product set consisting of PSTN, DSL, NBN, Mobile and inbound numbers. There are further tasks that will be rolled out as part of the road map, in a staggered methodology to ensure quality. These tasks will cover ISDN and Optus Multiline provisioning as well as some simple billing administration tasks. These tasks will gradually be rolled out over the first 6 months of employment.
The role has a heavy focus on the ability to work under your own initiative, ensure orders are proactively followed up, and timely, well written, professional updates are provided to our customers.
- Follow agreed operational processes & procedures.
- Attend team/company meetings.
- Be punctual.
- Ensure the highest level of professionalism is followed at all times.
- Complete provisioning tasks within SLA
- Complete new service activation milestones within SLA
- Communicate provisioning status to service providers within agreed SLA
- Proactively monitor order statuses, pushing carriers for timely updates as required.
- Ensure all service provider queries are responded to within SLA.
- Offer in depth responses to all queries, ensuring service providers fully understand the situation.
- Pushback on carriers if their order updates don’t make sense, don’t just copy and paste.
- Ensure all monthly reports are provided within SLA as requested by line manager
- Ensure all monthly report content is 100% accurate before sending
- Ensure all monthly reports are sent to the correct recipients.
- Identify training needs for self, colleagues and service providers and work with L&D to resolve
- Recommend updates to training documentation and modules as required
- Educate the customer where possible, regarding issue resolution to enable self-resolution in future
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years in telecommunications provisioning role
- Strong communication skills gained in a customer facing role
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think through problems logically
- Able to work to deadlines & manage multiple projects
- Able to build lasting relationships with Service Providers, suppliers and internal staff
- Pro-active and willing to take the initiative to drive improvements
- Excellent follow up and administration
- Knowledge and experience with the National Broadband Network (NBN) provisioning
- Experience working for a carrier
- Interest in data networking
- Interest in VoIP